[SCA-Dance] Call for Musicians for KWDMS

Monique Rio nique.rio at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 14:49:20 EST 2012

Hi all,

The Early Music track for KWDMS still has a few slots open for
classes. If you are interested in teaching a music related class let
me know.

For this year's music track we'd like the classes to be "useful for
dance musicians". The reason is that the vast majority of musicians
that attend KWDMS are dance musicians, and many /only/ play dance
music. We'd like the one track of Early Music classes to be as widely
applicable as possible.

Classes that fit this vision are:

Anything Music Theory related
History classes relating to dance music in period
How to be a better dance musician
Comparing and contrasting dance and vocal music

Most classes can be spun to fit the vision.

If you're interested in teaching, email me with your class description.

If you're interested in teaching, but aren't sure if your classes
meets the "useful for dance musicians" criteria, email me and we'll
figure out how to make it work.

If you don't like the focus for the music classes, it's not a
permanent change, just something we're experimenting with. Next year's
KWDMS will almost certainly be different.

Yay Music!
-Jadzia
KWDMS Music Coordinator