[SCA-Dance] Desiderata for a dance event?

Charlene Charette charlene281 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 15:43:25 EST 2012

On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 4:53 PM, Tim McDaniel <tmcd at panix.com> wrote:
> Is there an existing article anywhere for desiderata for a dance
> event?  There's local talk of using a certain site for King's College
> (the kingdom university for Ansteorra), and I'd like to ask whether it
> has such-and-so features that would be useful for dance classes, or
> maybe even a local or kingdom dance symposium.
>
> Danihel Lindum

Not that I'm aware of. (Not of which that I am aware? :-) )

Site requirements will vary based on the type of dance event -- do you
need housing, dining area or kitchen for feast, etc.?

Questions to ask about dance classrooms:
do the rooms have hard surface flooring (carpeting is bad, as are
sticky-mat gym floors)
are there enough rooms ("enough" being relative to the event)
how large are the rooms (Italians need more space than branles)
what is already in the room (a large room full of desks has less
usable space once the furniture is pushed to the sides)
is electricity available for music players and where are the outlets
(may need to bring extension cords; I always carry one with my dance
stuff)

--Perronnelle

--
I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but
I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.  --