[SCA-Dance] Maltese Branle vs SCA Maltese

Mary Railing mrailing2 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 12 17:16:08 EDT 2011

Mummy Step???

So, originally it didn't have the claps? I had thought those were in it from the start. We always clapped three times when we got to the center of the circle. The original recording had claps, and I thought that was the way everyone did it.

Honestly, I never heard it called Turkish Bransle until after Signy had left the Middle, so calling it Maltese (even though we knew it wasn't the real Maltese) goes back to at least 1977.

--Urraca