[SCA-Dance] Known World Dance Symposium classes

Mary Railing mrailing2 at yahoo.com
Wed May 11 21:18:19 EDT 2011

Although it keeps getting tweaked, we finally have a class schedule up on the
website www.kwdsviii.org as well as class descriptions for most of the classes.
The Middle Eastern classes are not on the schedule yet, but descriptions of some
of the classes are on the "Classes" page of the website. We have a lot of stuff
that is not typical-- several classes on basse dances (both 15h and 16th c.),
several classes on Gresley dances, English country dances from early sources
other than Playford.

Online registration  through ACCEPS has closed. We set the cut-off date rather
early in the hope that it would encourage people to register early. However, we
got rather fewer registrations than we expected. Whether it was because we were
so late in getting details about the event up on the web, or because you all
just forgot, we would like it if more people signed up in advance, rather than
at the door. So we are extending the deadline for the pre-registration price of
$50 for the weekend until June 1st. After that the price for the weekend is $70.
However, you will have to do it through the mail. The address to send checks to
is Susan Anderson, 434 Miami St., Ellettsville, IN, 47429. Checks should be made
out  to Society for Creative Anachronism, Inc. - Mynydd Seren. Dorm rooms should
be reserved through us. Hotel rooms should be reserved through the Indiana
Memorial Union.

I hope to see a lot of you there.

--Urraca

P.S., We also have a Facebook page called Known World Dance Symposium VIII.