[SCA-Dance] KWDS update

Mary Railing mrailing2 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 19 22:15:33 EST 2011

We are starting to get some classes, but we could use a lot more, especially
music classes. We could also use suggestions for classes. One thing that was
suggested is a panel or roundtable on choreography. Bloomington is blessed with
performers and academics specializing in Middle Eastern Music, so we're hoping
to expand this part of the event.

We need to start working on budgets for things (like catered food) that depend
on having an estimate of how many people are coming. I would love it if folks
could let us know if you are planning to come, even if you haven't registered
yet, and if you are planning to stay in the dorm, or our hotel block, or
somewhere else. (Filling the hotel room block makes our meeting rooms cheaper.)

Although I am a complete newbie about social media, I've set up a Facebook page
for KWDS VIII:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Known-World-Dance-Symposium-VIII/176672272369410
I'm still not sure why this should be more convenient than email, but I hope
those of you who are into Facebook will like it.

--Urraca