[SCA-Dance] Laptop music programs?

Charlene Charette charlene281 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 00:29:18 EDT 2011

On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 2:27 PM, Gwommy 'Bill' Holderman
<gwommy at gmail.com> wrote:
> The only thing that
> I don't like about iPods is that you have to make sure to stop the music
> before it starts to play the next tune in the playlist. And making
> individual playlists for each song is a pain.

Yup, this is a major PITA. My workaround is to add the next dance to
the on-the-go playlist, then when I play the track it's the last song
in the list and stops at the end.

> Also, as Daffydd mentioned, I use a plug-in for WinAmp called PaceMaker
> which allows me to adjust the tempo without changing the pitch. I find it's
> great for teching, if something is too fast, I'll just slow it down for
> people.

I have some Christmas money to spend and am considering getting an mp3
player that allows variable speed. There are a few of them available.

--Perronnelle

--
What you see but can't see over is as good as infinite.  -- Thomas
Carlyle (1795-1881)