[SCA-Dance] Laptop music programs?

Del del at babel.com.au
Thu Aug 25 21:16:45 EDT 2011

I use Rhythmbox under Ubuntu.  It has a pretty good search function, and supports loading
multiple playlists, copying files between playlists, etc.  That's pretty useful if you're
lining up to teach dance at a few different events running where you think you will have
different levels of skill/experience present at each event.

The laptop I use is an HP mini-netbook which is one of the models with an internal SSD disk
rather than a hard disk.  Limited in capacity but has extra USB ports for attaching larger hard
disks if you need them, and the SSD disk survives being bounced around between events a lot
better than a hard disk.  It's also very light and has lots of battery life.

--
Del