[SCA-Dance] Pattricke again

White, John white at drexel.edu
Mon Sep 27 13:23:48 EDT 2010

I've been studying the manuscript some more and as a result have made some
revisions to my reconstructions, including validating Ms Marsh's music links
for Milking Payle and Lightly Love and adapting the music so discovered to
the reconstructions of those dances.  On that note, it should be mentioned
that not only does The Milking Payle work really well to Playford's The
Merry, Merry Milkmaids music, it seems to fit that music better than Playford's
dance does!  It should also be noted that this past weekend I had six dancers
do The Milking Payle, and they enjoyed it!  The Pattricke manuscript dances
are now being done!

I've also completed a first draft of an article on the manuscript, which I have
linked on my Pattricke page.  I very much welcome comments from anyone willing
to take the time to read it - I'm confident of my conclusions, but pointers to
better sources of research, or well supported counter opinions, could get me to
change my mind.

   \\Dafydd Cyhoeddwr