[SCA-Dance] Letter of Dance article brainstorming

Greg Lindahl lindahl at pbm.com
Thu Mar 4 17:33:19 EST 2010

On Thu, Mar 04, 2010 at 09:35:28AM -0800, Mary Railing wrote:

> There is a long bibliography on the SCA Renaissance Dance homepage,
> but I don't think it's been updated in some time. I've accidentally
> run into a "So you want to..." list for SCA dancers on Amazon, but
> it don't understand the Amazon site well enough to know how to
> search for such lists, so now I can't find it.

The Letter of Dance facilitation website happens to have a list of
books that need revewing; it is mostly complete for recent books. It's
my hope that everything will at least get a short review (also sent to
the Rendance Bibliography), and some will get longer ones.

Speaking for the Letter of Dance, we have a shiny new facilitation
website that goes along with our attempt to recruit per-Kingdom people
to hunt down reviewers and article authors. The website hides at

http://sites.google.com/site/letterofdance/

And if you go into 'Ideas for articles' you can get the list of books
that need reviewing, and also look at a list of article brainstorms.

If you'd like to be able to add to this website, email me privately and
I'll invite you to be an editor. Here's a list of the kingdoms for which
we currently have facilitators. If your kingdom is missing, we'd love you
to volunteer. The facilitator doesn't have to be super-expert at dance:
you just need to be socially plugged into your kingdom dance community.

AEthelmaerc: Lyev Davidovitch
Atlantia: Margaret Roe
Drachenwald: Judith de Northumbria
Ealdormere: Rosina
Lochac: Katherina Weyssin von Regenspurk
Meridies: Lorenzo Petrucci, Yves de Fortanier
Middle: Philip White
West: Gregory Blount

-- Gregory