[SCA-Dance] marque pied, marque talon

Barbara Webb bwebb at inf.ed.ac.uk
Thu Jun 3 12:21:40 EDT 2010

I'm sure this will be one of several messages saying the same, but I think
your problem is here:

> Now from the text alone, I'd assume the end position is my supporting
> foot flat with leg straight and the other foot flat on the ground,

I don't see why you assume the non-supporting foot is flat - I'd always
assumed that saying to put the 'toe' or 'heel' of one foot near the other
means the toe (only) touches or hits the ground, or the heel (only)
touches or hits the ground. I agree the pictures are a bit obscure, but
they seem consistent with the idea that marque pied is touching the toe
to the ground, and marque talon is touching the heel.

Caitlin

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.