[SCA-Dance] Announcement: Another chance for dancing in a castle...

Rachel/Judith judithsca at aol.com
Mon Jan 4 06:06:41 EST 2010

Salvete!

The Barony of Knights Crossing and the Shire of Vielburgen, of the Kingdom of Drachenwald, are proud to announce the return of the Academia della Danza, sometimes known as Dancing in a Castle!
   This year, we shall be using the Royal residence of Castle Lohra, in beautiful Thuringia. The event shall start on Friday, July 9, with dance classes beginning at 20:00, and end on Sunday, July 11, with dancing concluding at 14:00. We shall once more have a fabulous feast, a Ball in the style of Ulm in 1503, and a country revelry in which the dancers purchase their dances through the coinage of eggs (as was done in Germany in the 15th century). More information to follow, but this would be an excellent opportunity to take a summer vacation in beautiful, lush Germany, the land of ten thousand castles!

Judith

p.s. For pictures of Burg Lohra, do an internet search.