[SCA-Dance] On siding and arming

peregrine.lp at juno.com peregrine.lp at juno.com
Mon Sep 28 15:31:37 EDT 2009

Here in the Barony of Thescorre (Rochester, NY) we side and arm right first. Rochester's non-SCA English Country group also does the siding and arming to the right first. Except when we did Childgrove the other night, and then we sided left and did our back-to backs to the right...

The only guesses I could make as to why right seems more prevalent would be that right-handed people would tend to go that way first? Or that when one shakes hands we extend right hands, so we might be inclined to aim that way initially? Or that turning by the right is clockwise when viewed from above?

Peregrine