[SCA-Dance] OT: Dancer Musician Compendium - Participant Request

Nicole S Janeeve2001 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 21 22:10:42 EDT 2009

Excuse the band-width and cross posting.  I'm trying to open this up to as many people as possible.

Hello All!

I am in the process of creating a (unofficial*) Dancer-Musician Compendium, in an effort to bring the Dance & Music Communities closer together.

As it stands travelling dancers and musicians have a difficult time obtaining information on:

* Practice locations
* Individuals in charge of practices
* Musical groups
* Local variations of dances and music

And, new dancers and musicians have may not have the contacts and resources to find:

* Research that is being done by their peers
* Valid books and/or websites that can help them with their own research

For these reasons, and to make both dancers and musicians more accessible within the SCA and the world at large, I would appreciate it if active dancers and musicians (of any skill level) would please complete the appropriate form(s), and email them to me at the email address provided on the forms.

The forms are located here: http://www.originsofplayforddance.com/dancer_musician_compendium.htm.

Please remember, I am not a web designer, so they are a little more crude than those found on the Yahoo Group, which can be downloaded and completed in-form.