[SCA-Dance] review - Playford dance instructions

Rebecca Mikkelsen mikkelsen_rebecca at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 18 10:09:29 EST 2009

Unto Yves de Fortanier, Greetings:

I just took a quick glance at your draft.  I will give it a more in-depth perusal later.  Clearly a great deal of work has gone into your document!

I like the way the dances have been organized by how many couples, etc.  I wonder if the order would be more . . .er. . . orderly if it was ordered 2 couples, 3 couples, 4 couples, 6 couples, many people.

I think listing dances by increasing complexity is valuable to the dance teacher, as well as the charts of new concepts and steps.

Why have the Quarter Hannikin and G.P. included?  They do not seem to fit the stated purpose for inclusion.  Also, Black Nag and Sellenger's Round do not fit the stated purpose.  Perhaps I missed some explanation as to why all of these dances have been included?

The notes at the end of the document are interesting.  But one could argue the reconstruction of almost any of the dances that have been included.  If a description is included of every variation of each dance, the notes will be longer than the instructions!

Baroness Rebecca Chadderton, OL, OP