[SCA-Dance] Not a Known World Dance Seminar?

David Learmonth david.a.learmonth at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 12:10:30 EDT 2009

I think we're generally on the same page.   I had to learn a lot along the
way on the internal kingdom politics side.  And I just sort of fell into the
position of running the event for this time around  (I knew I wanted to be a
big part of it, but I wasn't the person who first raised the idea of
bringing KWDS to Ealdormere).

>From the dance side, I think I knew all the requirements.  I just wasn't
expecting some problems.  (thus some of my earlier advice I had shared).

I appreciate that your direct grievances aren't being aired on this list.
We all have issues with the roles people played in this process, whether
they were intentional, or due to the many life emergencies that have arisen
in the past year or two.  But at this point, I still feel that we've pulled
everything together well, and that we will have a great event.

(if it is any concilation to the fact that we had our setbacks, I have
otherwise put in hundreds of hours working on this event to make sure
everything works out)

Anyway, yes, I am a bit defensive on the subject (I don't think that all the
blame rests with me), but I've expressed my lessons, in an attempt to move
positively forward with this, and I don't want to get into any internal (or
external) mudslinging with our group.  Not everything worked out perfectly,
but we have a good site, and an excellent class schedule, and I think a lot
of people are going to have fun this week.  :)

Darius