[SCA-Dance] Dance Term Question

Alex Clark alexbclark at pennswoods.net
Wed Jun 24 06:06:50 EDT 2009

The old Measures were a suite of eight dances. Various other dances are
mentioned or described in the same sources, but are not in most or all
of them, and are not on the lists of old Measures.

Their identifying information is given as follows in Royal College of
Music MS 1119 (from Wilson's transcription in "Dancing in the Inns of
Court", /Historical Dance/ vol. 2 no. 5 1986/7) is:

1st
Quadrian pavin.

2d
Treky Lorny.