[SCA-Dance] My article on the theory of Renaissance dance

Emily Richardson emily.benwitz at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 13:18:15 EDT 2009

Greetings unto the list,
Last night I completed my article (written in dialogue form a la Arbeau)
about some of the general principles that apply to Renaissance dance in the
SCA.  I am thinking now that it may be considerably too complex for the
purpose it was intended for - an introductory dance article for the Known
World Handbook.  Nevertheless, I present it to you here, for comments and
critiques.  These principles are derived from my 10+ years of teaching dance
in the Society, and I often wished somebody had told me these principles
when I was starting out, because discovering them has been somewhat of a
detective novel experience for me.  If not for the Known World Handbook,
perhaps my article can be considered for the Letter of Dance and/or the
Compleat Anachronist.
Thanks,
THL Rochl bas Gershom Sternenkiker
Dance mistress of Calafia, Kingdom of Caid

P.S. Aelf, I'm sending it to you because you were also one of my dance
teachers.