[SCA-Dance] Alternatives to teaching every dance at balls

Greg Lindahl lindahl at pbm.com
Wed Jul 22 15:49:46 EDT 2009

On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 10:24:05AM -0500, Monica Hultin wrote:

> Having said that...I haven't been to a ball regularly, but do any of them
> run on the assumption, we've taught the dances during the day, we are
> presenting dances of different range of difficulties throughout the evening,
> please just take part in the dances you know?

The Pennsic Grand Ball has run that way for the past 13 years. We have
a series of "Ball prep" classes to get people ready.

I've been to other balls where a few dances were labeled "for those
who know it".

Another alternative is to do talk-throughs for some dances, instead of
walk-throughs.

-- Gregory