[SCA-Dance] Plans for Upcoming Known World Dance and Music Symposiums

Craig Shupee' philipwhite at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 12 21:33:20 EDT 2009

Greetings All,

I wanted to share some of the information we came up with
during the discussion that was held at Pennsic about Known World Dance and
Music.

We were talking about two things really:

* Who we would be supporting to run KWD&MS in 2011? (And
possibly following years.)

* Would we want to move to annual KWD&MSs?

The discussion came about because we have three groups interested
in hosting the event within the next couple years. We welcomed event planning
information from all three groups and each sounded very exciting. We also
checked to see what dates they would be able to host. Then we let those groups
work it out amongst themselves as to who would be submitting a bid for each
year (2011, 2012, and 2013).

You’ll notice that we are going to have a group bid for an
even year (2012). Since we had an interested party those present have decided
to support them in their efforts.

This does not mean that we are all pushing to have an annual
symposium. But it does mean we are willing to give it a try. For those three
years. We are still committed to at least holding the event on odd even years
(so expect 2015 but possibly nothing in 2014). I believe that Master Greg will
be putting together another survey to check interest in forthcoming years for an
annual symposium.

Hosting groups that will bid for KWD&MS:

2011

The Shire of Mynydd Seren, Middle Kingdom,

Bloomington IN, USA

Mistress Urraca Yriarte de Gamboa has been acting as the
primary contact.

2012

The Barony of Middle Marches, Middle Kingdom

Columbus, OH, USA

Lady Felice Debbage has been acting as the primary contact.

2013

Barony of Concordia of the Snows, East Kingdom

Albany, NY, USA

Mistress Deonna von Aachen has been acting as the primary
contact.

I’ve made a personal commitment to get information up on the
SCA Dance page with details on how to run the event and how to secure the bid.
I’ll be working with other past Symposium event stewards to get that together.
Hopefully I’ll have it completed within the next couple months.

These groups will be submitting their bids directly to
Society officers. Please support them in the planning and make your best
attempts to attend.

Your Servant to Command,

~philip white