[SCA-Dance] notice of revel at Pennsic

(John) Byron Boyd SCAlutenist at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 01:57:02 EDT 2008

Unto the gentles of this list:

Please note the following announcement of the English Revels at
Pennsic, and kindly forward this message to any lists and gentles you
feel might be interested.

In service,
Hlaford Iohann se pipere
Sable, a gyron argent
Ars Longa Vita Brevis (art endures, life ends)
Publicist, Pennsic Dance, Pennsic XXXVII

Come one and all to the English Revel in the Dance Tent, on Monday
the 4th of August at 9:00 in the Evening, at which shall be done
divers sorts of Dances that are known in England.  Besides Dancing,
we will "have a trifling foolish Banquet towards".  Many of the
Dances will have been taught beforehand by the Master of the Revels,
Lord Henry of Maldon, in Classes including those on Saturday noon–2,
Sunday 3–4 & 4–5, and Monday noon–2 & 3–4, with cheat Sheets for
those Dances.

The tentative program of dances (which may be subject to change up to
the time when each dance is done) is as follows:

The eight Old Measures, a Galliard, New Boe Peep, Chestnut, Gathering
Peascods, Half Hannikin, Newcastle, Grimstock, My Lady Cullen, Rufty
Tufty, Hearts Ease, Sellenger's Round, The Whirligig, Jenny Pluck
Pears, Once I Loved a Maiden Fair, Ly Bens Distonys, Parson's
Farewell, a French braule (Peas' Branle), Scotch Cap, If All the
World Were Paper, Picking of Sticks, Up Tails All, Black Nag, The
Merry Merry Milk Maids, Nonesuch, Dull Sir John, Love's Light Wings,
Boateman, Trenchmore, Hit and Miss.

Henry of Maldon.