[SCA-Dance] Sca-dance Digest, Vol 27, Issue 5

Niki janeeve2001 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 12 18:21:47 EST 2008

I've been looking for a list of some of the mundane songs that go with Medieval/Renaissance dances and have been so far unsuccessful. Can anyone help me with this? I want to do this as a surprise for the dancers in my shire.

  ** I Love doing this.  It's an awesome surprise, and a lot of fun.

  And just so you all know - I knew about the ones for Rufty Tufty and Wipe Out for Safety Dance.  The rest are from my friend Harvey.  THANK YOU HARVEY!!!

  Lady Jane

  I want candy - Rufty Tufty
  Safety Dance - Rufty Tufty

  Dance: Posties Jig
Modern Music: Devil Went Down to Georgia/Sex on Wheels/Vogue Medley

Dance: Dargason
Modern Music: Sweet Transvestite/Some Say the Devil is Dead (Hair of
the Dog) Medley

Dance: Rostiboli
Modern Music: Sweet Transvestite

Dance: Black Nag (3x through)
Modern Music: Ghostbusters, Man I Feel Like a Woman, and some swing
with Grapefruit Diet

Dance: Black Alman
Modern Music: Mortal Combat

Dance: SCA Road to the Isles
Modern Music: YMCA/Scotland the Brave/Hava Neglia Medley

Dance: Heralds in Love
Modern Music: Hall of the Mountain King

Dance: Califian Bransle
Modern Music: The Chicken Dance/Livin' La Viva Loca
This one also works to Louie Louie

Dance: Earl of Salisbury
Modern Music: Fever (by Elvis)/Beat It/Enter Sandman

Dance: Horses Bransle
Modern Music: The Theme Song to Mr. Ed/SCA Maltese/Techno Horses
Bransle/Cantina Music from Star Wars/Mambo #5

Dance: Gey Gordon
Modern Music: Achy Breaky Heart

Dance: Petit Vriens
Modern Music: Pump It (Black Eyed Peas)

Dance: Female Sailor
Modern Music: Monty Pythons Flying Circus/Copacabana/

Dance: Korabuska
Modern Music: My Sharona/Come on Eileen
This one also works to Wipe Out

                      *Ask about hosting an Avon Party!  http://www.youravon.com/nsalomone
    **True love is wanting someone to be happy, even if you're not part of it.  - Anon.
***Things just seem to happen to people who don't drink Wilkins. - Jim Henson