[SCA-Dance] Arbeau online (was Haut Barrois branle)

Greg Lindahl lindahl at pbm.com
Thu Jan 11 21:43:40 EST 2007

On Thu, Jan 11, 2007 at 07:29:12PM -0500, L. J. Sparvero wrote:

> For those that may not be aware, there is a full facsimile of Arbeau's
> _Orchesographie_ online at the Library of Congress website. To get to
> it, go to: http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/dihtml/dihome.html

You can go to http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/dance.html, where you'll
find that there's a transcription of the French (the better to search
for other uses of words), the LOC facsimile you mention, and a little
webpage with just the woodcuts.

And if you're wondering about a French word, you can look them up
in Cotgrave's 1611 dictionary at:

http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/cotgrave/

-- Gregory, Dance Resources R Us

p.s. How come I didn't make a Music & Dance section to my Cotgrave
proverbs page ?! What was I thinking?