[SCA-Dance] New source for some dance music.

Philip Edward Lewis flip+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Sat Jan 28 14:10:31 EST 2006

(Sorry if the following sounds like an advertisement... I'm not
selling nor do I benefit... I just really like this site.)
****************

I've been lately looking through a site called magnatune which has a
couple hundred albums for *full* preview.  (entire album/songs, not
just snippets)

under
http://magnatune.com/collections/medieval
http://magnatune.com/collections/renaissance
http://magnatune.com/collections/baroque

there are several albums which have dance music.

I havn't listened to them enough to determine how many are suitable,
and a couple are for styles with which i am unfamiliar.

http://magnatune.com/artists/albums/dufay-lestampida/
#11 is a reasonable Salterello La Regina

Check it out... if folks find something that would be good for dance,
pass it along!

OT: they have a pretty good world section in general... with a heavy
middle eastern influence. There is a neat version of ma navu, but it's
not danceable as recorded.

N.B. of late, the stream has been a bit choppy... make sure you use
something that can buffer a bit ahead if you don't want the frustration
of getting into the groove and having the song cut in and out.

--
May no harm befall you,
flip