[SCA-Dance] Album info- Golden Dance hits of 1600

Philip Edward Lewis flip+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Mon Feb 13 09:37:41 EST 2006

I've had a request for information on this album.
(it isn't clear if the person only wants the track listing, or if they
are looking to replace the item which they used to own.)

>From the dance discography, the only info that i know of is that it
had Schiarazula Marazula and that it's pub ID is Archiv Produktion 2533 184.

I've found the following information online:
from http://www.lib.latrobe.edu.au/MMDB/Anon/H0010007.HTM :
****************
Golden Dance Hits of 1600,
Konrad Ragossnig (lute),
Siegfried Behrend (guitar),
Siegfri,
directed by Josef Ulsamer:
Deutsche Gramophon-2563 522 (INT) / 2538 348 (INT).
****************
(note the alternate publisher.)

http://libweb.uoregon.edu/music/Discographies/MedRen/medrencolle-i.html
lists:
****************
Golden dance hits of 1600.
Archiv Produktion 2533 184. p1974.
PERFORMERS: Collegium Terpsichore & Ulsamer Collegium.
CONTENTS: Works by Mainerio, Caroubel, Anon., Neusiedler, Dalza,
Susato, Schein, Hausmann, Gervaise, Phalese, Praetorius, Widmann,
Behrend, Milan, and Negri.
DOUGLASS PHONODISC DMds 2492
****************

http://www.medieval.org/emfaq/cds/dga33111.htm
seems to indicate a few more tracks which were on the album.

http://www.flipmall.com/classical.htm has a for-sale listing for it:
ECL 1424 - ULSAMER COLLEGIUM - GOLDEN DANCE HITS OF 1600 / - LP ARCHIV
2533 184 M-

anyone have more information?
The medieval.org site might be trusted to indicate that the tracks
exist on the record. If nothing else, the discography can flushed out
with performers and director found here.

Of course, now I'm a bit curious to hear it as well... might have to
check out the local music libraries. ;)

--
May no harm befall you,
flip