[SCA-Dance] dance event: Basse e Balli

Katherine Davies katherine_list at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 1 11:19:02 EST 2006

"Basse e Balli: European dancing from 1400-1550" has a
website:

http://ntc.iucf.indiana.edu/patrick/BasseBalli/

When: 22nd of April

Where: The Shire of Mynydd Seren in the Middle
Kingdom, otherwise known as Bloomington, Indiana.

What: A small workshop and ball with a more specific
focus than the average SCA event.

Day: Classes and discussions on all and any aspects of
European dancing from 1400-1550. Dances from the
evening ball list will be taught, and there’ll be more
scholarly sessions for the confirmed geeks amongst us.
We’ll have a ‘sideboard’ of tasty dance-sources and
articles, including facsimiles of many of the primary
sources for this period (feel free to bring
contributions).

Evening: A feast of delicious 15thC food, followed by
a small ball composed entirely of dances from our
period: stately basse danses, slinky Italian balli,
rousing saltarelli, bransles from Arena and as much
more as we can fit! Various musical and theatrical
entertainments will be scattered throughout.

Whom: 15th dances are often fiendishly hard to
reconstruct, yet relatively easy to dance, so there
should be something for everyone interested in this
period, from raw beginners to seasoned saltarellists.

How Much: Site by donation. Dinner $5 (please book by
15th April for dinner).

For more information, to offer or request a class, or
a particular dance for the ball, contact the stewards,
Katharine & Ludwig von Regensburg, at
katherine_may at sbcglobal.net, or (812) 333 8191.

If you are considering travelling from out of town
please get in touch: I may be able to help with crash
space and/or rides to and from Indianapolis airport.

your humble servant,
Katharine von Regensburg