[SCA-Dance] A Week of 5ths - Southern Region of the East Kingdom

janeeve2001 Janeeve2001 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 29 00:36:53 EDT 2006

Hi all -

This week we have 2 5th (pick a weekday) practices.  Which means
Balls all around!!! :)

Here's the deal:

Tuesday - 8/29/06
Iron Bog is having a 5th Tuesday Ball.  Dances that will be done
include dances from the dance list for Ball and Barter in the Bog
and the Wheaton Village Wedding.  Come in garb to dance, play or
just watch.  Bring water, bring the willingness to have fun and most
of all bring yourselfs.  Partner is NOT required!

To get to the Iron Bog practice:
New Beginnings Church (a.k.a. Moorestown Grange Hall)

>From the NJ Turnpike: Take the Turnpike to Exit 4. After the toll
booth, take the first off ramp to Camden/ Philadelphia. This will
put you on Route 73 North. Turn right at the next light onto
Fellowship Road North (A Budget Motel Lodge will be on your right).
Follow from (*) below...

>From the East: Take your best route to where Routes 70 and 73 meet
(the Marlton Circle). From the Marlton Circle, take 73 North. Go
about 3 miles and at the 7th light, turn right onto Fellowship Road
North(first light after you pass the NJ Turnpike entrance). Follow
from (*) below...

>From the West: Either take the Walt Whitman Bridge to 295 North and
follow the directions from the South, or take the Betsy Ross Bridge
to Route 90. Take 90 East to Route 73 South. From 73, take the Route
38 East off ramp towards Moorestown. Go about 3.5 miles through 8
lights. Just before the 9th light, take the jug handle for Marter
Ave/295 South. Turn left onto Marter Ave and go through the light
(Rt. 38). Follow from (**) below...

>From the South: Take I-295 North to Exit 40B (Route 38 West for
Moorestown). From 38 West, immediately take the jug handle for
Marter Ave/38 East. Turn right onto Marter Ave. Follow from (**)
below...

>From the North: Take I-295 South to Exit 40 (Route 38 for
Moorestown). You'll exit to 38 East, immediately take the jug handle
for Marter Ave/38 East. Turn right onto Marter Ave. Follow from (**)
below...

(*) Follow Fellowship Road around 2 miles until it merges with Route
38. Turn right onto 38 East. Follow 38 East 1.6 miles through 2
lights. Just before the 3rd light, take the jug handle for Marter
Ave/295 South. Turn left onto Marter Ave and go through the light
(Rt. 38)     (**) At the light at the top of the hill, turn right
onto Main Street (Marne Highway). Go about 1/2 mile (you will go
through one light). The New Beginnings Church will be on your right.
It is a white cement building with stairs leading to the front door.
If you come to a second light, you have gone too far.

*******************

On Thursday, 8/31/06 Rusted Woodlands is having their 5th Thursday
Ball as well.
Dances that will be done include dances from the dance list for Ball
and Barter in the Bog and the Wheaton Village Wedding.  Come in garb
to dance, play or just watch.  Bring water, bring the willingness to
have fun and most of all bring yourselfs.  Partner is NOT required!
(sensing a theme here?)

To get to the Hawthorne Methodist Church:
Hawthorne United Methodist Church, Lafayette Ave, Hawthorne, NJ
This is from all points East of Route 17:
Take your best route to Route 4 West. Take Route 4 West until you
reach Route 208.  4 turns into 208.  Continue.  You will come to
Maple Ave.   Go under the overpass, and make the Right.  You will
now follow the loop back up and over 208, towards the Toyota
dealership.  At the end of the overpass, make a Right onto the
Frontage road.  At the end of the road, make a left (you can't go
straight, and right puts you back on 208)  At the end of this road
is a 'T' intersection.  Make a right onto Lincoln Ave. There is
immediately a light.  Make a Left at this light onto Diamond Bridge
Road. Follow this to the next light.  You will be making a Right
here, onto Lafayette. Follow through the next light.  You will see
the sign for the First Union Bank on the right.  The church is
across the street on the left.  Park in the lot, and head around the
front and down the stairs to the left side of the church.  Here we
be!
>From West NJ:
Take your best route to 208 South. Follow 208 to Goffle Road Exit.
Make a right onto Goffle,heading towards Paterson. At Lafayette Ave,
make a Left.  Follow Lafayette. When you pass Rea Ave on the Right,
begin looking for the Church, on the Right.

If there is anybody coming from the South Jersey/Philly area, who
wants to carpool, please contact me at janeeve2001 at yahoo.com, and
I'll tell you the place and time where we generally meet.

Dance masters for both events will be THL Justinian Timagenes and
Lady Jane Milford.  The possibility of a visiting Dance Laurel
(Master Trehaeurn) from An Tir is also a possibility at both
practices.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact myself (Lady
Jane) at janeeve2001 at yahoo.com or THL Justinian at
(eebuehler at comcast.net)

We look forward to seeing you!

Justinian and Jane