[SCA-BMDL] The Debatable Choir wants you!

Karen Kasper ariannawyn at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 13:37:59 EDT 2022

Salve Accolens, Debatable Lands! After being forced to go unofficial due to
pandemic restrictions, the choir has been given the ok to resume official
practices. This means you are welcome to join us as we learn and perform
medieval and renaissance choral music! FAQs:

   - When and where are rehearsals? Mondays from 7:30 to 9pm, currently in
   Monroeville. PM me for the address. Our rehearsals are held in the homes of
   various choir members; the location occasionally shifts for various reasons.
   - Do I need to audition? We're an open choir, which means anyone who
   wants to sing can join, no audition required. If you need a bucket to carry
   a tune, we'll provide the bucket!
   - Do I have to know how to read music? Nope! We'll teach you your part
   at practice, and there are audio practice files for each song that you can
   use to learn at home. You'll also have other people singing the same part
   on whom you can lean.
   - When and where are concerts? At SCA events, primarily, though we've
   done occasional demos in the past. Our big concerts are at Pennsic and
   Baronial 12th Night, but we'll be running a medieval singalong at the
   Baronial Social on Sept. 17, so please join us! We also regularly sing
   processional music for baronial and Kingdom courts.
   - What about Covid?

   1. You must be fully vaccinated against Covid, and preferably have a
   recent booster, to participate in the choir.
   2. We rehearse outdoors under pop-up canopies when weather permits.
   3. When it rains or gets too cold to be outside, we sing inside but
   masks are required per Kingdom Covid protocols. N95/KN95 masks are highly
   preferred. We also do our best to make sure there's good ventilation and/or
   air purifiers running during indoor practices.
   4. All that said, if you are immune compromised or at high risk for
   Covid, you may want to reconsider singing with us.

   - What else should I know? Choir is fun! We have monthly birthday cake
   for everyone whose birthday falls in that month, and hold a big pot luck
   holiday party every December. We spend a fair amount of time in rehearsals
   laughing as well as making music.

Email me at Ariannawyn (at) Gmail.com if you're interested in joining the
Debatable Choir!

Arianna of Wynthrope