[SCA-BMDL] Seeking fabric donations for scroll cases

Karen Kasper ariannawyn at gmail.com
Wed May 18 14:49:29 EDT 2022

Greetings, Debatable Lands!

Calling all people with overflowing fabric stashes! Some of you may have
seen THLady Rachel's request for people to return scroll cases, or to help
out by making more. I've been collecting cardboard for scroll cases over
the last couple of years, and would love to help by making some on Saturday
afternoon in the Great Hall as part of Scribal play time. However, I used
up all of my scrap fabric making masks in 2020, so I need donations of
fabric. Please let me know if you can help! Scroll cases range from 10"x13"
to 16"x24". For each case, we need 4x as much fabric as the cardboard since
the cases are basically like two envelopes sewn together. that means the
minimum size for a useable piece of fabric is 20"x26" plus seam allowance.
We can piece the fabric to a certain extent, but it will slow us down. If
anyone else would like to bring a sewing machine or spare cardboard to aid
in the effort, please do! We can turn it into an assembly line!
Thanks.

Arianna