[SCA-BMDL] BMDL Iron Comet Challenge, Japanese Iris Festival, and Kingdom Equestrian Championship

Sharon Booth sbooth at sbooth.net
Tue Apr 26 20:28:34 EDT 2022

In a few short weeks, we will have the Kingdom equestrian championship.
But there's more. There is also the Debatable Lands' Iron Comet
Challenge.  We welcome all medieval equestrian enthusiasts to join our
equestrian championship. The riders and their horses can show us how
they travel the rugged terrain and tackle their targets. There is a
joust planned to top the day of horse and rider challenges. Equestrians
must contact THLady Gesa von Wellenstein at gwellenstein at yahoo.com or by
phone at (724) 991-0917 to discuss equine logistics.

Because not all of us can participate in the equestrian fun, we have
plenty of additional tournaments to compete or to spectate for both
adults and youth. We will host a heavy tournament, a fencing tournament,
a thrown weapons tournament, and an archery tournament. We will also
host an art and sciences competition and display. Now if you are
multi-talented and can compete is many martial activities, then we have
an extra combination tourney called the iron comet challenge. Adults can
skip one of the martial tournaments in scoring, but must compete in arts
and sciences competition. Youth need only compete in two martial forms,
but must compete in the arts and sciences. The combined competition
scores will determine the adult and youth iron comet champions.

The theme for the day is Japanese Iris Festival. For the Japanese Iris
Festival we are inviting folks to come show your Japanese crafts in the
arts and sciences competition and display or anywhere you want to show
your Japanese crafts.

Our full day of fun will be at Brady's Run Park in the horse area, 121
Brady's Run Rd, Beaver Falls, PA 15010, on June 4th. The site opens at
9:00 a.m. and closes at 7:00 p.m. There will be no food provided, so you
should pack a lunch and snacks. You get extra credit for Japanese food.
The site allows alcohol, but no glass is allowed, so bring any beverages
in non-glass containers.

Event Cost:
Adult Event Registration: $12
Adult Member Discount Event Registration: $7

Youth 17 and under are free.

SCA Covid protocols as of the event date will be enforced. Please be
prepared to show your vaccination record or proof of negative Covid test
upon arrival.

Preregistration through SCARS information will be posted when it is
available.

If you prefer to pre-register by mail, make checks payable to SCA PA,
Inc. - BMDL. The reservations clerk for this event is Master Alaric
MacConnal, Robert Smith, 1194 Firwood Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15243,
412-306-0416, email alaric at pobox.com. Reservations should be received by
May 20, 2022.

Details for the event are here and will be updated as we update the
schedule.
http://debatablelands.org/events/2022-06-04%20Japanese%20Iris%20Festival.php

Although the SCA complies with all applicable laws to try to ensure the
health and safety of our event participants, we cannot eliminate the
risk of exposure to infectious diseases during in-person events. By
participating in the in-person events of the SCA, you acknowledge and
accept the potential risks. You agree to take any additional steps to
protect your own health and safety and those under your control as you
believe to be necessary.