[SCA-BMDL] Report from the Event, and some Great News from Kingdom Court!

Krista Cogan krista.cogan at gmail.com
Sun Jul 11 18:09:35 EDT 2021

Hello Debatable Lands! Salve Accolens!

Yesterday was the first in-person event in our Kingdom: St Swithins Day,
featuring Queens Rapier Tournament. The Baron and I had a great time, with
many thanks to the Bog folks, and a shout out to the Baronial Rapier Champ,
Don Jorundr, for fighting in the tourney,  and the other Debatable Landers
who enjoyed both that tourney, and the other activities of the day.

Many smiles, much laughter!

Royal Court proved to be a banner day for our Debatable Landers!
Congratulations to:
- THL Bran for his Sycamore for arts
- THL Meinulfr for his induction in the Order of the White Horn
- Master William de Montegilt for receiving an Award of Excellence
- Mistress Irene for receiving a Court Barony
- Mistress Illadore for her Pelican Writ (induction at Crown Tourney)
(she's still ours)
- Duchess Anna Leigh for her Gratia Coronae (pandemic-related thank you
token)
- Duke Malcolm MacEoghainn for being the Queens Inspiration for the day
- Also to Mistress Antoinette de la Croix for receiving her backlog scroll
for her Sycamore, awarded during then-King Cygnus and then-Queen Dorinda's
reign
- Also to THL Guillaume for receiving in person the Jewel of Æthelmearc
token and scroll, that having been named the 48th Jewel during the pandemic
by the previous Royalty, then-King Timothy and then-Queen Gabrielle

Please reply to let everyone know of anything I missed, more moments of fun
and glory, or just the favorite parts of the day, for those that couldn't
make it.

In Levitate et Caritate
~Baroness Hilda