[SCA-BMDL] Agincourt A&S competition and display

dina trenullo dinaternullo at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 2 18:59:02 EDT 2018

Greetings!
For several years the Agincourt A&S competition and display was ran by THL Sumayya, who, sadly, has moved to the Midrealm earlier this year. It was ran ably, admirably, and pretty much perfectly, so this year we are going to try something different.
In an attempt to improve on perfection, we are introducing a brand new martial component. Should you be unable or unwilling to take a swing at it, a stand-in champion will be provided. There are no additional points from the martial component, however, the winner will receive a prize.
As we in the Society are very good at experimental archaeology and making things, the focus this year is shifted, ever so slightly, from things to context – that is, less emphasis on what, and more on where, why, and how does it fits into the grand scheme of things.
In order to encourage the context, here are the categories this year:
ShipwrecksThings that never wereThe Romans did it betterFit for a kingAnd, in honor of the battle of Agincourt, Projectiles.
Vast majority of A&S projects can fit into the first four categories, the rest will fit into the fifth, as, with enough thrust, anything is a potential projectile. Each category will have a winner. (For example, if you decide to submit a scroll blank featuring the grotesques from the book of hours of Joanna the Mad, you can enter it either under “The things that never were” because of the grotesques or under “Fit for a king” because of royal affiliation.)
The Traditional Agincourt Triathlon is still on! To qualify, please submit three entries in different categories. No entry can be entered in multiple categories. The only exception is the entry that fits in all five categories, and it has to be approved in advance. (So if you have a perfect model of a mythical royal ship that was sank by a Roman projectile, please contact me.)
Artisans are welcome to enter all kinds of creations, food is acceptable; however, a list of ingredients and potential allergens is requested. Research papers are welcome and encouraged. Documentation is encouraged, but not required. Novice artisans are encouraged to enter. Those who do not wish to compete may display their entries.
And, remember, our Known World just got bigger! The entries are no longer limited to Western Europe, so if you want to share your Japanese, West African, or Inuit entry, as long as it’s pre 1600, it’s fine.
Same rubrics (with minor changes) will be used as last year, and are available on request.More information to follow soon.
Sincerely,

Luceta.