[SCA-BMDL] A&S Sunday -- December 11th

Elss_of_Augsburg elss_of_augsburg at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 11 10:22:44 EST 2010

To all who practice the Arts and Sciences in our Faire Barony does Elss of Augsburg bid warmest greetings --

It has been said that those who can't do, teach. (I think it was Snoopy that said that, actually...)

It has actually been my experience that those who CAN do, are often wary of teaching.

Knowing how to do a thing is often the result of many hours of reading, testing, practicing, ripping out or throwing away, and trying again. Then, miraculously, one finally feels that the skill is finally beginning to be mastered...YAY!!!

Then the horror comes -- someone asks you to teach others how to do it! Panic sets in! Hands tremble and sweat, and the immediate response is "H%#*LL NO!!"

It doesn't need to be that way. THL Kieran MacRay is offering assistance to developing and presenting your knowledge in a discussion to be held this Sunday. He says:

My class offers an approach on how to take the knowledge you have and construct a class around it.  Strategies will be shared for determining the scope of the class, planning the lesson, and dealing with the different personality types of those who would take your class.  All are welcome regardless of teaching experience or the lack thereof!

We will be meeting from 2 PM until 6-ish or whenever at the Pittsburgh Chinese Church, 8711 Old Perry Hwy, Pittsburgh, PA 15237, where the fighters now practice indoors for the winter. Please feel free to come and join us for discussion and socializing. There will be coffee and tea and cookies, so at least you can get free snacks!

Parking:

Park in the down-slope lot off of Highland Rd, walk around the side of the building, enter the first door, and walk up the stairs to the room on the 3rd floor.  Helpful picture at: http://maps.google.com/maps?q=40.56502,-80.041616&num=1&t=h&sll=40.565013,-80.041468&sspn=0.00107,0.002411&ie=UTF8&ll=40.564981,-80.041355&spn=0.00107,0.002411&z=19    (entrance at the green arrow)

Doors open at 2pm.

Hope to see you there!
Elss