[SCA-BMDL] From the War College autocrat

Karen Donnelly kddonnelly at comcast.net
Mon Jul 10 23:21:21 EDT 2006

Greetings from Mistress Karana Yabokchi, autocrat of War College-

I would like to thank my event staff and everyone else who helped with War
College last Saturday.  Alistair and Leonora, with Michelina, Myfanwy,
Creador and a number of other helpers, fed us so well, I am still stuffed.
Hilda handled reservations and troll, which made my life so much easier.
The various marshals, Alonzio, Ariella, Sasha, Urho, Anlaith, Zoe, and
Creador, took charge as I hoped and kept everyone happy and busy.  Thanks to
Liam and Constance for keeping us well hydrated and safe.  Brandubh kept us
organized and on schedule.  Various children enjoyed the activities that
Cateline arranged.  The Aethelmearc cadets, organized by Katherine Vyvyan
and Illadore de Bedgrayne, responded in force to my request for help in
field set-up and clean-up, and received many compliments for their service
that day.  Arabella and Zoe kept the kitchen clean and ready for action.
Esa and An ling kept the fencers and fighters on track and in compliance.
Katla and Valkyre the greyhound thrilled all of the spectators with her
speed at dog coursing.

I neglected to keep a record of every volunteer's name, so I apologize for
not naming everyone who helped.  As I said in their Highnesses court that
night, when things go wrong, the autocrat correctly takes the blame.  When
things go right, everyone credits the autocrat, but a successful event is
primarily due to the event staff and everyone who volunteers to do anything.
For an event to go well, there is no insignificant service.

Yours in service,
Karana