[SCA-BMDL] War College thank you from Brion and Kazi

KaziBrionSCA KaziBrionSCA at worldnet.att.net
Sun Jul 9 09:58:58 EDT 2006

Greetings, everyone.

As some of you know, I arrived at the event with the kids in a taxicab.  Our
brakes failed on the way there only several days after being serviced, and
Brion took the dog and chivalrously sent us on our way while waiting at the
shop to get them re-fixed.

I'd like to thank the kitchen staff for making Mirnada feel welcome in the
kitchen, and allowing her to help.  She loves to cook and she had a
wonderful time.

I'd like to thank Mistress Graidhne and her protégé lady Naomi for keeping
an eye on Eleanore while I was waiting to get authorized.

I'd like to thank Ivan and Clewin for taking the time to authorize me in
fencing - their schedule was quite packed and they made time for me anyway.

I'd like to thank lord Dan, who pulled out his hand-made chess set so
Eleanore and I could play him.

I'd like to thank some of the fighters for staying out late so Brion, who
finally made it back with a healthy vehicle, could arm up and play a bit,
too.

It wasn't near-death, exactly, but it sure was near-bad-accident.  Nobody
died, and in the end fun was had by all.  Times like these make you
appreciate the SCA and the people in it.

Kazi, for all of us