[SCA-AE] ANNOUNCE: From the AEthelmearc Seneschal RE: BOD

Clare Jackson thecoribird at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 20 17:05:31 EDT 2011

Announcements at aethelmearc.org for announcements only.
Replies and questions are sent to discussion at aethelmearc.org
or directly to the person making the announcement.

http://www.scatoday.net/node/21565

At the Board meeting on October 15, 2011, the Board members covered
several item sof business that have been a very hot topic on some other
e-lists through the Society.

Specifically, the addressed the issue of same-gender leadership in the
SCA.  They covered three areas:
      1. Baronial leadership
      2. A varience for a same-gender couple to enter a specific Crown Tourney
      3. An amendment to Corpora to remove the same-gender ban in Royal Lists

You can read more about this at SCA - Today (take out the spaces)
I am aware that there are many people with many opinions about this
topic.  The question of Baronial leadership has been ruled on and
same-gendered couples will be allowed to run and serve as leaders in a
Barony.

The specific Crown Tourney had passed before the Board addressed the
issue and it was also decided that the only way TO address the issue is
to amend Corpora - bringing us to the third item.

The Board is looking for public comment.  I fully expect to see
conversations about this on the AEthelmearc e-groups.  It is one of the
most effective ways for us all to talk to each.  I expect that not
everyone commenting will agree with each other.

Importantly, I expect everyone to be polite and courteous.

AEthelmearc has a reputation far and wide for being the 'nice' Kingdom
and I have faith that the marvelous people of this Kingdom will live up
to my expectations.

Thank you all.

YIS, Mistress Cori