[SCA-AE] ANNOUNCE: From the AEthelmearc Seneschal RE: BOD

Clare Jackson thecoribird at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 20 17:05:31 EDT 2011

Announcements at aethelmearc.org for announcements only.
Replies and questions are sent to discussion at aethelmearc.org
or directly to the person making the announcement.

At the Board meeting on October 15, 2011, the Board members covered
several item sof business that have been a very hot topic on some other
e-lists through the Society.

Specifically, the addressed the issue of same-gender leadership in the
SCA.  They covered three areas:
      1. Baronial leadership
      2. A varience for a same-gender couple to enter a specific Crown Tourney
      3. An amendment to Corpora to remove the same-gender ban in Royal Lists

You can read more about this at SCA - Today (take out the spaces)
I am aware that there are many people with many opinions about this
topic.  The question of Baronial leadership has been ruled on and
same-gendered couples will be allowed to run and serve as leaders in a
The specific Crown Tourney had passed before the Board addressed the
issue and it was also decided that the only way TO address the issue is
to amend Corpora - bringing us to the third item.
The Board is looking for public comment.  I fully expect to see
conversations about this on the AEthelmearc e-groups.  It is one of the
most effective ways for us all to talk to each.  I expect that not
everyone commenting will agree with each other.
Importantly, I expect everyone to be polite and courteous.
AEthelmearc has a reputation far and wide for being the 'nice' Kingdom
and I have faith that the marvelous people of this Kingdom will live up
to my expectations.
Thank you all.
YIS, Mistress Cori