[SCA-AE] Fwd: Fruity Cobbler is Closed

Michael Layne theherald at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 23 15:01:30 EDT 2010

> Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 11:02:12 -0700
> From: jlmatterer at yahoo.com
> To: discussion at aethelmearc.org
> Subject: Re: [SCA-AE] Fwd: Fruity Cobbler is Closed
>
> This is Cathay's last year at Pennsic; they closing shop after War.
>
> Huon

     Cathay, too? Pretty soon, we're going to run out of places to eat! The Cathay was my other top choice for lunch at Pennsic! When I read the Fruity Cobbler was closing, I said to myself, "At least there's still the Cathay..."

      Well, I also miss the EMT Inn... as well as a food merchant (whose name I cannot now recall), some years ago, who sold chicken!

      In the case of the latter, I had just finished making announcements in the merchant area, and had forgotten to take off my tabard when I sat down to eat. I remarked "Pretty good chicken!" and the food merchant said, "And another unsolicited testimonial from the Heralds!"

    With all these food merchants closing, who will take their place?

Michael Langley of Riversmeet

theherald at hotmail.com