[SCA-AE] New A&S Policy at Pennsic

Amy Heilveil amyheilveil at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 21:59:31 EDT 2010

The next time I attend Pennsic with my child, I'm going to type out a
guardianship/responsible adult paper having on it all the names of my known
(and presumed to be) attending friends and take it to a notary public to be
made official (most of us have friends who are notarys).  Ta Da!  A
notarized piece of paper that says my daughter can attend classes with said
friend/responsible adult. Nope, they aren't her legal guardian, but it is an
official piece of paper that says the person has my permission to take my
child to classes.

So what's the big deal?

If they really want I'll take said paper to a lawyer friend and have them
make it 'right'.

This is not so difficult.

No, it's not the most useful or comforting policy. It is not a policy that
makes anyone's lives easier at Pennsic, but it is rather simple to work
around. And no, I'm not going to get into the 'they're trying to tell me how
to raise my child' or 'they're trying to say that my friends aren't
responsible' speak because, really, it's not the end of the world.

Smiles,
Despina de la has ways around pretty much everything