[SCA-AE] NMS--wider consideration

Larry & Colleen Kardasz kardasl at pitt.edu
Tue Feb 23 10:44:15 EST 2010

First, I am not happy to see the NMS being raised, I know everything is
getting more expensive, but I do agree it will hamper some people from
attending.

That said, I would like to point out that most organizations have a
members price and a non members price. My kids take swimming lessons at
the YMCA, there is a price for members and a price for non members.  The
hall I rented for our 12th night celebration, there was a price for boro
residents, and a non resident price. The Nature Center and the Library
both offer classes with member prices and non member prices.  I do not
feel that this is an out of the ordinary practice.  It is a common way to
get people to join organizations.  We are not a business that is trying to
out sell our competition.  I guess I am just disappointed that the Board
felt this was the best way to cover cost.

Alessandra

--
"There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'." -- Dave
Barry