[SCA-AE] making cords

Erin Kelly tupan4 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 21 15:05:51 EST 2010

Your Highness -

It's not exactly what you were looking for, but my friend and household-mate
Ishiyama Gen'tarou Yori'ie of Clan Yama Kaminari has quite a bit of
expertise at making Japanese braided cords (kumihimo).  He's documented many
of his projects on his website here:
    http://www.ee0r.com/kumihimo/
Scroll down past the bit about making the loom to see more about the cords
he's made.

Kumihimo has become quite trendy these days, especially among the anime
fan/cosplay types, so modern materials are relatively easy to come by.

I'm intentionally replying on-list because I think lots of people in the
kingdom might have seen his braids and wondered where to find more
information!  Hope it's not too much of an inconvenience.

In service,

ERIN / Elaine Fairchilde of Debatable Lands