[SCA-AE] Recruiting Samurai

Lee Sebastiani valeriavictrix at mac.com
Fri Feb 12 13:28:27 EST 2010

My dear Solveig!

Here's how it works:

We'll have approx. 20 senior learners. There's a morning session 10 to 12, lunch. and an afternoon session 1 to 3.

I usually start by presenting an overview of the culture for the first hour. We have an hour for hands-on activities--I'm thinking of having several "stations" set up where they can try their hands at suminigashi, origami, making some kind of (easy) sweet, things like that.  Suggestions are welcome!!

Can you do a brief intro to the tea ceremony? Around 30 minutes? I'm thinking just talking about its cultural importance, explaining the "equipment," etc. Or anything else you think would be good!!

And of course, feel free to bring anyone else you can convince to come!   : )

--Adela