[SCA-AE] Emerald Ash Borer Quarantine (with links)

Erin Kelly tupan4 at yahoo.com
Wed May 6 12:53:50 EDT 2009

Aha, it looks like the quarantine has changed since a few years ago when I first heard of it.  There was a restriction on bringing wood in to Butler County (Cooper's Lake is in Butler Co., not Lawrence), but now that we have the buggies it's a restriction against taking raw wood out.  Thanks, Lady AElfgifu.

Looks like the link didn't come through last time:
http://www.agriculture.state.pa.us/agriculture/cwp/view.asp?a=3&Q=144707

Also, this page shows a map of the infested counties in PA:
http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/forestry/fpm_invasives_EAB.aspx

In any case, buying firewood locally is your best bet.

The only information I see on Coopers' web page is that you can't gather firewood on site.  Though more rules might exist for our large events.

Sorry for opening a can of worms - er, grubs.  (Actually, the beetles are very pretty....)

ERIN