[SCA-AE] Limiting Groups to Three Events per Year?

F. Page Steinhardt sunshadow at twcny.rr.com
Sun Jan 25 16:39:13 EST 2009

The one thing I didn't put  into the draft pick suggestion (thank you
for the reminder) is that rotating kingdom events would not count
against the draft. (An added incentive for the larger groups that have
sufficient peoplepower available to bid on kingdom events if they want
to add above quota.
If you had been involved in some of the event scheduling discussions I
have been in on lately, first trying to schedule a metals symposium as a
stand-alone event (IMPOSSIBLE with the current level of calendar clutter
and the fact that some events are already being scheduled over a year
out) and then trying to find events that would be willing to be host
events for a metal symposium, you would see that there are not enough
weekends in the year that are not already either taken, or reserved for
Kingdom events.
The advantage of a draft system, as I stated earlier, would be that
every group would be able to schedule something before some of the more
active groups had the calendar filled.

in service,
Thorpe