[SCA-AE] ANNOUNCE: FW: [Announcements] Position Opening - Corporate Treasurer
Orilee.Ireland-delfs at xerox.com
Mon Feb 11 13:47:26 EST 2008
Announcements at aethelmearc.org for announcements only.
Replies and questions are sent to discussion at aethelmearc.org
or directly to the person making the announcement.
From: announcements-bounces at lists.sca.org
[mailto:announcements-bounces at lists.sca.org] On Behalf Of Leslie
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2008 1:41 PM
To: sca Announcements
Subject: [Announcements] Position Opening - Corporate Treasurer
The Board of Directors is accepting applications for the position of
Corporate Treasurer. This is a part-time, paid position, which requires
approximately 5-10 hours per week except when finalizing the yearly
Applicants must be available for at least the October quarterly Board
Discussion Session (typically held on Friday), in addition to the
October Board meeting (typically on Saturday). Additional traveling may
Applicants must have immediate access to internet, PC and printer,
possess and have experience with Excel (preferred) or other spreadsheet
Duties of the Treasurer
1. Maintain knowledge of the organization and personal commitment to
its goals and objectives.
2. Create (with outside resources) a system of investing for accounts
other than those controlled by the corporate office.
3. Work with the President, the Society Exchequer, the Vice President
for Corporate Operations and the outside accountant to ensure all
financial filings are maintained.
4. Work with the Society Exchequer to insure that our relationship with
third party financial vendors (i.e. banks) are maintained.
5. Implement and maintain a planned giving program.
6. Understand financial accounting for nonprofit organizations.
7. Work with the President and the VP of Corporate Operations to ensure
that appropriate financial reports are made available to the board on a
8. Prepare and present the annual budget to the Board of Directors.
9. Develop and maintain internal control policies, guidelines, and
procedures for activities such as budget administration.
10. Analyze the financial details of past, present, and expected
operations in order to identify development opportunities and areas
where improvement is needed.
11. Evaluate needs for procurement of funds and investment of
surpluses, and make appropriate
12. Ensures development and board review of financial policies and
13. Maintain current knowledge of organizational policies and
procedures, federal and state policies and directives, and current
Interested applicants should send a letter of interest, together with
modern and SCA qualifications,
hard copy to Renee Signorotti, Society for Creative Anachronism, P.O.
Box 360789, Milpitas, CA 95036-0789, with courtesy copies to
directors at sca.org and treasurer at sca.org.
Applications must be received by June 1, 2008.
Connect and share in new ways with Windows Live.
Comments are strongly encouraged and can be sent to:
Milpitas, CA 95036
You may also email comments at lists.sca.org.
This announcement is an official informational release by the Society
for Creative Anachronism , Inc. Permission is granted to reproduce this
announcement in its entirety in newsletters, websites and electronic
Announcements mailing list
To unsubscribe or change your settings, visit:
To change the email address you receive these messages at, visit the URL
listed above, subscribe to with your new email address. Once this is
completed, return to the URL listed above and unsubscribe your old email
More information about the Sca-aethelmearc