[SCA-AE] Youth Arts Champion Tourney
mtnlion at verizon.net
Wed Feb 21 08:10:20 EST 2007
Youth Arts Championship at Year End Tourney
Endless Hills is about to be over-run. Over-run with horses and hounds, fighters and fencers, archers and thrown weapons at Year End Tourney on April 28th. And, were about to be over run with youth. Luckily, these are a few of our favorite things!
Baron Ulrich Drachendonner has decreed that the Barony of Endless Hills will sponsor its first ever Youth Arts Championship competition right alongside the Adult Arts Championship competition. Yes, you read it right---the winner of the Youth Arts competition will be named Baronial Youth Arts Champion. Other non-resident youth are also welcome to come test their mettle against like-minded artists. Every youth entry will receive a token, and the youth resident of Endless Hills who places highest will be named the Champion. If the over all winner isnt a resident of Endless Hills, there will be an additional prize for the winner! Whats a Youth? Anyone aged 15 or younger.
What are the rules?
1) Categories are divided between Youth ages 5-10 or 11-15. All youth in these age ranges are welcome to enter. Teens aged 16+ are welcome to compete in the Adult competition. One Champion will be picked from all the youth entries.
2) Documentation should be age appropriate. Youth should note who used it, when, and be able to provide a small amount of information on making the piece. A 3x5 card (with parental help, in the childs own words) for the younger group is fine. ½ of an 8.5x11 page is fine for the older youth. Please print or type clearly. We like to read details such as what the artist found hard to do, what they really like about it, how it might have been done differently in history, etc.
3) A small amount of Adult help is fine, so long as it is noted on the documentation (such as My mom helped me cut the fabric. or My big brother used the saw for me, but I sanded the wood.). Parental supervision is expected while the piece is being made. You dont have to tell us about that.
4) We are looking for historical style craft items, cooking entries, bardic, costume, armor, or musical entries, etc. *Any* historical craft that is suitable for family viewing is welcome. We value EVERY piece that is submitted and will take good care of it during the competition.
5) Be sure to sign in when you leave your entry. Please do not put your name on your entry or Documentation. We will keep the sign-in list with the names and the entries separately. The winner(s) will be announced at Court.
Thats it! Its so easy! Our Crafty Aethelmearc Youth probably have several craft items sitting around, ready to compete. If not, theres still time to make something fabulous. Good luck to all the competitors and future champions. Contact me if you have any questions about the competition at: mtnlion at verizon.net .
Read more about the event at: http://endlesshills.aethelmearc.net/Home.htm
Other planned youth activities at Years End include a quest, active games, and a parent-staffed safe play area for toddlers.
Dame Aoife Finn
Chancellor of Youth and Seneschal, Canton of Riverouge
More information about the Sca-aethelmearc