[Puzzles in language change] Nov 11: computational linguistic geography

Igor Yanovich iyanovic at andrew.cmu.edu
Tue Nov 10 13:25:44 EST 2015

Dear everyone,

For the rest of the semester, we won't have actual _readings_ in the
reading group, but instead have presentations/discussions.

Tomorrow, I will talk about the nascent research area of computational
linguistic geography, first explaining what earlier research (both
traditional and computational) has been done, and then talking a bit about
my own pilot projects in the area.

Next week, Nov 18, we will have a presentation by Holman Tse (UPitt), who
will talk about contact-induced language change, including his own work on
the phenomenon.

See you tomorrow at the usual time!
 -Igor