A portable OpenSlide viewer for Windows: Smart Zoom Viewer

Yves Sucaet yves.sucaet at usa.net
Mon May 23 01:49:07 EDT 2016

Hi Mathieu,

It's a parser that we wrote ourselves; no external software

We based our code on the DICOM specs and Sup 145 and whatever else we found
out in Leica's format. I remember our test data was originally created from
the SCN400 scanner.

The new scanners actually don't support this format anymore, so it's hard to
say how often this format actually exists and is being used in the real world.
So far our stats at least are not picking up wnyone using our viewer for the
DICOM format (yet).

About this particular implementation: It's a multi-file format like we see
with MRXS and VSI. The "study" (DICOM speak) contains multiple scan regions
combined into one. We also load the fluororescent variant of it.

I'm off to DICOM WG26 in Berlin on Wednesday to learn more about progress in
this area. If you'd happen to be there (or at ECDP in general), I'd be happy
to meet up with you and discuss more.

Yves