Request some help on getting started with OpenSlide

Evert Trollip evert.trollip at stonethree.com
Thu Feb 18 05:38:25 EST 2016

Hi Benjamin,

Sorry, I guess I could have mentioned that too :)

I followed the instructions on the READ_ME.txt file

How to build?
> =============
> ./configure
> make
> make install
> (If building from the Git repository, you will first need to install
> autoconf, automake, libtool, and pkg-config and run "autoreconf -i".)

So after ensuring the packages are installed and after running "autoreconf
-i", I run ./configure. The terminal output gives me the following error
(see the config.log for more details):

checking for CAIRO... yes
> checking for LIBPNG... yes
> checking for GDKPIXBUF... yes
> checking for LIBXML2... no

*configure: error: Package requirements (libxml-2.0) were not met:*

> No package 'libxml-2.0' found

> installed software in a non-standard prefix.

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables LIBXML2_CFLAGS
> and LIBXML2_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
> See the pkg-config man page for more details.

I went on to try and install the package and found that it was "libxml2"
and not "libxml-2.0". After installing, the ./configure gives the same
errors. I am thus unable to run make and make install.

Hope you can help me get started? Thanks for the helping so far, it is
appreciated!

Kind regards,
Evert