Associated thumbnails image vs Slide image

Benjamin Gilbert bgilbert at cs.cmu.edu
Wed Feb 17 23:45:28 EST 2016

On Tue, Feb 02, 2016 at 05:09:27PM +0100, David De Mena García via openslide-users wrote:
> is it possible to know the starting and end point of the slide inside the
> thumbnails

Hi David,

Several formats do appear to record this information, but in my experience
it's often challenging to locate and decode: it's a small amount of
coordinate data in an unknown coordinate system, and in some formats it
might be commingled with other metadata in an unlabeled binary blob.

OpenSlide doesn't currently expose this information, but could do so if
someone wants to work on it.  I've filed an issue for future reference:

    https://github.com/openslide/openslide/issues/175

> or even the mpp of the thumbnails image of any vendors?

This is often easier, but OpenSlide doesn't currently expose it either.