How to install openslide python in windows

Benjamin Gilbert bgilbert at cs.cmu.edu
Sat Nov 8 00:19:32 EST 2014

On 11/07/2014 11:42 PM, Kavitha Raghupathy wrote:
> I'm using windows 8. I've downloaded openslide 3.4.0 tar.gz and
> openslide-python 1.0.1 tar.gz .I ve python 3.4.2 version. installed PIL.
> when i try this command pip install openslide 3.4.0 tar.gz it gives me
> error. I've attached the log file also. Please help me resolve this.

Hi Kavitha,

You need to install both OpenSlide and OpenSlide Python.  "pip install
openslide-python" will take care of the Python part.  For OpenSlide
itself, the easiest thing to do on Windows is download a binary package
from our website:

     http://openslide.org/download/#windows-binaries

The "bin" directory from that package must be in Python's search path
for loading DLLs.  More info:

     http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/7d83bc18.aspx