Issue with some Aperio SVS files

Derek Magee D.R.Magee at leeds.ac.uk
Sun Jun 1 19:02:52 EDT 2014

Hi,

For some (say 1-2% of the ones I've tried) Aperio svs files, Openslide throws and error on openslide_read_region(). Metadata can be read ok,  as can label images. Error printed out:

TIFFFillTile: 0: Invalid tile byte count, tile 75

(the tile no. varies from about 64-75)

Which causes openslide to return the error  "TIFFRGBAImageGet failed", and of course all subsequent calls to fail. I'm using openslide under windows (pre-built from a couple of months back). Am I potentially doing something wrong? Or is this a bug (ImageScope opens the same images fine). One example:

openslide_read_region(..,..,0,0,2,1024,1024), on an image of size 41832 x 24971, so this should be well within the image.

Thanks

Derek